Westlake Waves Spectator Code of Conduct
- Stay off the player sideline. The field is for players, coaches and officials only. Remain on the spectator side of the field.
- Parental discussions with coaches should be
handled in private, not at a game or on the practice field.
- Lacrosse is not football. Do not cheer “big hits” or incite retaliation.
- Do not openly deride or criticize officials. First and
foremost, their responsibility is to protect the players and promote safety.
- Do not harass, badger or threaten officials, coaches, players, opponents or fellow spectators.
- Learn the rules of the game. Support officials
on and off the field.
- Encourage fair play. Recognize and applaud good effort from either team. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Keep your comments positive and supportive. Refrain from the use of profanity,
obscene gestures, abusive language or objectionable cheers.
- Enjoy the game together. Do not taunt or disturb other fans.
- Attendance to a Waves game and use of our fields is a privilege. Do not throw any
items on the field. This could result in an injury. Pick up trash on the sidelines when leaving the field.
- Let the coaches coach the players. Do not yell “game instructions” from the grandstand or spectator sideline.